Friday, October 26, 2012

Another Childhood Memory

Here is another childhood memory that I havent really shared with anyone..........

Growing up was a bit difficult. I know I cant compare to most people who live on the streets or countries that they dont have anything. But I remember this one memory. We grew up in the poor class. At this time my parents had already been divorced and my mom was married to my stepfather. We lived off of social security and on welfare. I dont remember the reason whether it was because there was a black out or we didnt pay the light bill. But for a couple days or so every morning before school around 6am we would get up and our mother would boil hot water to take a bath because there was no heat or gas in the house. So we had to boil alot of water to fill up the tub at least half way so me, my older sister and older brother could take a bath. We had to use the same bath water to bathe in. How horrible and disgusting that is to have to use the same dirty water. I know its nothing compared to those who live in countries that have dirty water and they also bathe in it. But i hated having to do this. I felt gross.

I just wanted to share this with you guys. Its one memory I have of my childhood.

No comments:

Post a Comment